The Simple Life Diet and WORKOUT thread!!

A forum for DIY, cars, pets and all things related to home life
Eric in Japan

Re: The Simple Life Diet and WORKOUT thread!!

Post by Eric in Japan »

If I am not mistaken, most chu-hi are actually made with vodka, not shochu. Check out the label
"... so, the cucumbers said to the cabbage, `Lettuce Go.`"

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Eric in Japan wrote:If I am not mistaken, most chu-hi are actually made with vodka, not shochu. Check out the label
:happy-cheerleadersmileyguy:

After a brief excursion back up to 107kg have gone back down to 104kg

paradoxbox

Post by paradoxbox »

I have stalled out at 67kg for the last 1 1/2 weeks with no movement, so it looks like I will have to start dieting in earnest now to get any further improvement.

Going to cut carbs out completely after the weekend and we'll see how it goes. Not sure I'll meet my target of 60 by July but I'll probably be able to get close.

paradoxbox

Post by paradoxbox »

Ahem.........Moshimooooshi!

How is everyone doing? I hope nobody has given up on their diets!

I have stepped up my exercise to hardcore levels and am minimizing calorie intake on most days, with lots of protein powder, eggs and meat on heavy weight training days.

Have introduced a new boxing regimen on my 55kg heavy bag - a 30-30-30 workout. 30sec extreme speed, 30sec "jogging while punching the bag like an idiot" then 30 seconds of Mike Tyson style knockoutmurderpunches. Repeat once (3mins total), rest 30-60sec, then do it again, until drop dead or until 3 rounds are complete, whichever comes first.

I'm down to 66kg with body fat hovering around 17ish%, but the results are clearly visible, the pants are looser, chest fat is melting off and being replaced by square muscle. I'm not perfectly on schedule but things are coming along.

In addition to my regular weight workout I am also cycling about 20km every 2 days now. This helps me cut out my hated squats workout.

I'm using 6kg weights which are quite wimpy and would like to move up to 10kg weights ASAP but have some instability in my elbows I'm a little worried about, some crackling and popping. We'll see if things stabilize as the muscle builds up, then I can move to 8 or 10kg and go full Arnold for summer time. I was using 15kg last summer without the snap crackle pop so hopefully it is just lack of muscle causing it and not joint damage.

Am still occasionally eating a bag of chips or drinking 1.5L of cola if I have been kicking my own ass the past few days.

Post up your progress guys, don't give up!

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Hmmmm, how can I put this ? Perhaps it's best to say the diet is having a little rest :oops: , not given it up but had to broaden what we are eating a bit as we were getting bored.

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan »

Gaijinfarmer, I am not sure you need to go into ketosis.
You sound like you are an ectomorph so what you really need to do is eat more and more often.
Take a peek at this THE SKINNY GUY MUSCLE-GAIN MEAL PLAN

paradoxbox

Post by paradoxbox »

Long time no post, how's everyone doing?

Gaijinfarmer, if you're skinny and lacking in muscle you definitely don't want to get into ketosis and you don't need an atkins diet. You'll want to get on a protein heavy diet but it doesn't need to be atkins or any other low carb type diet.

As for me, I got really sick for 2 weeks in July and had to stop all exercise and dieting. I have stalled at 65kg and am hovering +-2kg. Not entirely satisfied with my results yet but now that I'm mostly recovered I will continue cutting fat as much as possible. I hit a low of 63kg which was pretty close to my target but the two weeks of being stuck in bed really took a toll on my muscles :(

Hope everyone is keeping at it!

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Good to have you back man and glad to hear you are feeling healthier.

Unfortunately still most definitely on the lardy side here :crying-yellow:

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

A minor update. After a brief hiatus from the diet plan both Mrs N and myself are back onboard and have lost around 3kgs each over the last month. Evening meals now are our homegrown salad plus something like chicken, fish or lean beef for protein. No carbohydrates in the evening and eating them sparingly at lunch, breakfast is a free for all with whatever we fancy at the time.

Seems to be working and feeling really good for it.