What did you do today?

A forum for DIY, cars, pets and all things related to home life
VanillaEssence

Re: What did you do today?

Post by VanillaEssence »

Holy shit. Is there anyway I could get in on that Brie action?

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

I imagine there is quite a lot of Brie floating around Tako town right now so if you know anyone living there you might be in luck.

We had a Brie feast last night with salt bread and arugula rolls stuffed to the gills with slices of Brie :lol:

VanillaEssence

Post by VanillaEssence »

Zasso Nouka wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:50 am
I imagine there is quite a lot of Brie floating around Tako town right now so if you know anyone living there you might be in luck.

We had a Brie feast last night with salt bread and arugula rolls stuffed to the gills with slices of Brie :lol:
Stuffed... to the gills... I might faint. Sadly I’m in Kamakura so nowhere close. The sparsity and expense of cheese and deli meats are honestly the worst part of living in Japan

Shizuman

Post by Shizuman »

Non brie related post sorry

So my week this week has been interesting, no students at school, its my last weeks as an ALT in elementary schools before starting farming so ive been itching to skip school and get my hands dirty. My vice principle got wind of this and set me to work! As an English teacher this week i have tilled the schools fields, brushcut the entire perimeter and as an added bonus got to go 4WDing in the schools forest in my kei truck. No teaching to speak of this week!

if this is what my final weeks as a teacher will be i think i will enjoy it to the fullest!

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan »

Zasso Nouka wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:50 am

If i might recommend a dessert to go with that? Prunes and brie :lol:

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

VanillaEssence wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:40 pm
Stuffed... to the gills... I might faint. Sadly I’m in Kamakura so nowhere close. The sparsity and expense of cheese and deli meats are honestly the worst part of living in Japan
I totally hear you on that, lets hope the free trade deal with the EU leads to more interesting and reasonably priced cheese appearing in the shops.

I don't know how much cheese was damaged in the 'forklift' incident but it must have been a fair amount as we are being asked by several friends nearby if we want any Brie :lol:
gonbechan wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:53 pm
If i might recommend a dessert to go with that? Prunes and brie :lol:
:scared-shocked: Holy mother of God no, I have a lifelong aversion to prunes following on from too many lacklustre school dinner desserts.
Shizuman wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:23 pm
So my week this week has been interesting, no students at school, its my last weeks as an ALT in elementary schools before starting farming so ive been itching to skip school and get my hands dirty. My vice principle got wind of this and set me to work! As an English teacher this week i have tilled the schools fields, brushcut the entire perimeter and as an added bonus got to go 4WDing in the schools forest in my kei truck. No teaching to speak of this week!

if this is what my final weeks as a teacher will be i think i will enjoy it to the fullest!
Result man :clap:. Best of luck with the venture into farming, really hoping it works out for you.

grisfao

Post by grisfao »

Very happy to purchase and pay for shipping! I for one don't mind if my brie has a dent in it ... It'll be dented pretty good a few minutes after arrival anyway! :lol:

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan »

Zasso Nouka wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:01 am

:scared-shocked: Holy mother of God no, I have a lifelong aversion to prunes following on from too many lacklustre school dinner desserts.

Eating so much cheese gonna clog up your innards.
But brie goes well with figs. That might help.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

grisfao wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:12 am
Very happy to purchase and pay for shipping! I for one don't mind if my brie has a dent in it ... It'll be dented pretty good a few minutes after arrival anyway! :lol:
I'll ask around and see if anyone has much left, unfortunately we divided our brie up with our staff and immediate family the very next day but if there is anyone we know with too much to handle I'll let you know.
gonbechan wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:30 pm
Eating so much cheese gonna clog up your innards.
But brie goes well with figs. That might help.
Well that's a stroke of luck, we just bought several packs of figs that were on special offer last time we were in Takashimaya :dance:

starting_the_dream

Post by starting_the_dream »

Not today, but I got the frame of my peas/beans trellis made. Will add the twine this weekend. Things I learned: how to tie a square lashing, smaller diameter bamboo would have worked fine, use a diagonal lashing on the end pieces, I need to do more research on how to tie the top piece to the support poles.
Attachments
trellis frame.jpg
trellis frame.jpg (30.38 KiB) Viewed 683 times