How much is your gas bill each month & how much per cubic M?

Finding land, working a small plot or anything else countryside related
paradoxbox

How much is your gas bill each month & how much per cubic M?

Post by paradoxbox »

Times are getting real tough financially recently for me due to some life drama, anyway I started going over my finances in detail and I found out that my gas company is charging me way too much per cubic meter of gas.

I don't know about the rest of you but I feel like I am getting fleeced here.

When I was living with my GF, our gas bill was constantly around 12,000 per month for the both of us which I figured was sorta normal for a house of two, but she has been living elsewhere now for two months and the bill is STILL about 10,000yen per month, and I'm not that much of a gas hog.

My last bill was 10667 yen for a usage of 14.3 cubic meters of gas giving a rate of between 640 and 750 yen per cubic meter for the furo, and around 1750yen per cubic meter for the daidokoro.

Would like to see your gas bills to see if I'm just getting royally screwed over here or if it's something normal?

There's no "kihon ryoukin" section on the invoice so I can't see which charges are for changing out the tanks once or twice a month and which charges are just for the gas itself, but it seems expensive to me regardless.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: How much is your gas bill each month & how much per cubic M?

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Last month's gas bill was 2,502円 for 2.2 cubic metres of gas. That runs the boiler for the bath and covers cooking, most nights we've used the bath but there have been a few showers in there as well. I'd have expected it to be lower but we've had quite a lot of cloudy weather so the solar water heater hasn't been able to keep the tank as warm as normal.

paradoxbox

Post by paradoxbox »

That looks several hundred yen per cubic litre cheaper than what I'm paying for the kitchen tank.

Would like to hear other people's rates as well before I get all uppity over the phone with my gas supplier, but I am pretty sure I'm being ripped off by about 100 to 300 yen per cubic litre here.

Eric in Japan

Post by Eric in Japan »

That seems a lot! Are you on propane or natural gas?
We are all electric here, so no gas to compare, sorry.
http://www.propane-gas.jp/index.html
"... so, the cucumbers said to the cabbage, `Lettuce Go.`"