Unclaimed land in rural Japan article

Finding land, working a small plot or anything else countryside related
Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Unclaimed land in rural Japan article

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Don't think it is going to be a problem where we live, although we are in a small village we have several large cities nearby with large populations and plenty of work and Chiba city and Tokyo are commutable distances. However I think many deep rural locations will gradually become more and more empty.
gaijinfarmer wrote:One possibility, though, is that as farmers decrease and large companies managing agriculture increase, the government could grant them large swaths of land; if you were hoping to gain ownership over 20 years then it could be swept out from under you. I have no idea if this is really a threat, but it seems that the gov't would not sit idly by as its country reverts to jungle...
That's a pretty good point, even if an agricultural company doesn't come along the owners or heirs may decide to sell a plot you might be hoping to gain ownership and all your work could be lost.

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan »

If they stopped the stupid farmer license thing, I bet more people would start moving out to the inaka and start farming.

Wendy

Post by Wendy »

And another article that fits the theme: https://asia.nikkei.com/Japan-Update/Ja ... properties

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Sounds like a good idea Wendy