How to get information on unoccupied, unused land in inaka?

Finding land, working a small plot or anything else countryside related
kaeru

How to get information on unoccupied, unused land in inaka?

Post by kaeru »

I am looking for a plot of land in the inaka but when I go through the net listings, I don't see too many land available. However when I drive down to the inaka, I see all these vacant land. These are probably State-owned, but I would like to know if anyone has any experience initiating a proposal to rent those places (or even buy). For example, there is a an area near the beach with some cafes built on temporary container vans. I am assuming they rented the space from the city, I wonder how they went about it?

Also, the listings I do find, have this restriction (市街化調整区域), which if I understand prohibits building any structure on it. Does anyone have any experience overcoming such restrictions?

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Re: How to get information on unoccupied, unused land in inaka?

Post by gonbechan »

Depending on what you mean by 'inaka' , which area you prefer and what you want the land for, your search would differ.

You can look at some akiya bank listings as well as contact the municipality of the area you are interested in and ask about land available there.
There are many places to look depending on your criteria.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: How to get information on unoccupied, unused land in inaka?

Post by Zasso Nouka »

kaeru wrote:These are probably State-owned, but I would like to know if anyone has any experience initiating a proposal to rent those places (or even buy)
I would think that more likely these aren't state owned but privately owned by people who are no longer able to farm or care for the land themselves and their children are not interested in taking on the land themselves. They don't want to sell the land as they still hope that one day their offspring will come back from the city and settle locally. Most likely this is not going to happen, sometimes you may be able to purchase such land and sometimes the owner is not willing to sell no matter what.

As Gonbechan says contact the local municipality and enquire about the land you are interested in. They should be able to contact the owner and see if they are interested in selling.