Agri Tech Expo 2015

Finding land, working a small plot or anything else countryside related
Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Agri Tech Expo 2015

Post by Zasso Nouka »

We went to the Agritech Expo at Makuhari Messe yesterday, aside from all the usual farming equipment there were a few interesting items such as this.
s-trap.jpg
s-trap.jpg (10.88 KiB) Viewed 517 times
As some of you may be aware we have been having a, shall we say 'inoshishi' problem with our takenoko going missing. Wondering if a few other these spread around the forest might take care of that particular problem. Should anyone be considering these it's best you consult with your local council to be aware of the rules governing their use.

Something that is being promoted a lot this year is for the 'indoor gardener', there were many companies exhibiting all manner of handy equipment for the, erm, closet farmer :lol:
lights.jpg
lights.jpg (20.03 KiB) Viewed 517 times
I was particularly take by one of these drones for neem spraying
drone.jpg
drone.jpg (18.5 KiB) Viewed 517 times
Now it can all be done from the comfort of a deck chair by remote control, no more having to lug a backpack spray around the vegetables or dragging a hose line from the kei truck.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Agri Tech Expo 2015

Post by Zasso Nouka »

One slightly gimmicky thing they were doing in the Tool Expo was embossing your name on certain tools by laser. Here is a set of pliers I bought for removing screws that have become burred over.
grips.jpg
grips.jpg (7.63 KiB) Viewed 516 times
grips2.jpg
grips2.jpg (6.99 KiB) Viewed 516 times
grips3.jpg
grips3.jpg (5.79 KiB) Viewed 516 times

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

They even had a tree chair you could try out
treechair.jpg
treechair.jpg (10.55 KiB) Viewed 509 times
I mean, who hasn't been working high up a tree and fancied a little break for a cuppa or to check email and thought if only I had a chair..............

Well now you can.

Ian

Post by Ian »

ZN - looks like an interesting and fun place to explore. Like the pliers, too many tools can go missing when other people are around, probably not many people with the same name in Japan. :)

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

It is Ian,

The Agritech & Agrinext part is obviously aimed at farmers but Tool Japan has more than enough exhibits for anyone not directly interested in farming. They had a fantastic display of beautiful hand crafted axes that were almost works of art but unfortunately accompanied by eye watering prices and tools of every shape and description. I could have spent hours in that section alone.

Getting a personally inscribed pair of pliers was the icing on the cake IMHO, haven

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

It is Ian,

The Agritech & Agrinext part is obviously aimed at farmers but Tool Japan has more than enough exhibits for anyone not directly interested in farming. They had a fantastic display of beautiful hand crafted axes that were almost works of art but unfortunately accompanied by eye watering prices and tools of every shape and description. I could have spent hours in that section alone.

Getting a personally inscribed pair of pliers was the icing on the cake IMHO, haven't used them yet but I'm sure they will come in handy one day.