Post your country pictures!

Finding land, working a small plot or anything else countryside related
Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Post your country pictures!

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Awesome house KH,

Looks in really great condition considering with what it's been through in the big quakes you've had down there. Brett has some great information in his Kominka thread about natural wood treatments and I've been looking at Wood Long for treating the siding on our house but still haven't got around to it yet. The interior is also in excellent condition, you really wouldn't know the house is 20 years old, it has been very well cared for and the maki stove looks like it has been well used but still in great condition. A truly wonderful find.

Is that a massage chair back from the maki stove ? :)
Eric in Japan wrote:I'm having trouble seeing the last four images, anyone else? Any tips Zasso?
Can you see this one Eric ?

What error are you getting for the ones you can't see ?

KumamotoHunter

Post by KumamotoHunter »

Eric in Japan wrote:I'm having trouble seeing the last four images, anyone else? Any tips Zasso?
Is anybody else having the same trouble as Eric? I can try to upload them again....

KumamotoHunter

Post by KumamotoHunter »

Zasso Nouka wrote:Awesome house KH,

Looks in really great condition considering with what it's been through in the big quakes you've had down there. Brett has some great information in his Kominka thread about natural wood treatments and I've been looking at Wood Long for treating the siding on our house but still haven't got around to it yet. The interior is also in excellent condition, you really wouldn't know the house is 20 years old, it has been very well cared for and the maki stove looks like it has been well used but still in great condition. A truly wonderful find.

Is that a massage chair back from the maki stove ? :)

Yes, I would love my own massage chair! Maybe I can convince the current owner to leave it behind...!

KumamotoHunter

Post by KumamotoHunter »

Back in the UK, there is a whole host of wood preservation products made by Ronseal.

http://www.ronseal.co.uk/home/exterior- ... woodstain/

I presume they have similar stuff at any Nafco or Handsman here in Japan, but I haven't really looked yet.
On the Internet, I found this stuff:

https://www.monotaro.com/g/01291724/

For exterior wood, which is better: oil-based or water-based stains/paints?

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

KumamotoHunter wrote:Is anybody else having the same trouble as Eric? I can try to upload them again....
Personally I can see them fine, the photo I posted of the old vinyl house is on the same hosting site you used for the last four pictures so we'll see if Eric can view this one and try to diagnose where the issue is from there.
KumamotoHunter wrote:Back in the UK, there is a whole host of wood preservation products made by Ronseal.

http://www.ronseal.co.uk/home/exterior- ... woodstain/

I presume they have similar stuff at any Nafco or Handsman here in Japan, but I haven't really looked yet.
On the Internet, I found this stuff:

https://www.monotaro.com/g/01291724/

For exterior wood, which is better: oil-based or water-based stains/paints?
The WoodGuard looks pretty good and should do the job but you may be able to source something similar from a local home centre and not have to pay delivery charges. We went for a fairly environmentally unfriendly treatment forthe siding on our house on the basis that if it's full of nasty chemicals it will keep the plethora of wood eating insects and fungi away but Brett has had good results with a fully natural treatment he used on his house so that's another option.

Eric in Japan

Post by Eric in Japan »

Zasso Nouka wrote:

This is a screenshot of what I see..
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/20170228-yaqb-149kb
"... so, the cucumbers said to the cabbage, `Lettuce Go.`"

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Maybe a couple of things, can you see the pictures if you use another browser ? Can you view them on a computer in a different location, ie from either work or home ? Can you see them on a smartphone when not using wifi ? That should narrow down where the issue is, one last thing can you reach the PostImage website ?

Eric in Japan

Post by Eric in Japan »

Zasso Nouka wrote:Maybe a couple of things, can you see the pictures if you use another browser ? Can you view them on a computer in a different location, ie from either work or home ? Can you see them on a smartphone when not using wifi ? That should narrow down where the issue is, one last thing can you reach the PostImage website ?

I tried them in firefox and I could see them (I usually use chrome). Thanks for the help!
"... so, the cucumbers said to the cabbage, `Lettuce Go.`"

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Eric in Japan wrote:I tried them in firefox and I could see them (I usually use chrome). Thanks for the help!
Might be worth clearing the cache in Chrome and/or trying incognito mode. I can see the pictures when using Chrome so you may have a conflicting plugin or extension or an issue with something in the cache.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Wendy

Post by Wendy »

I can't seem to figure out how to post photos, so I will describe them for you instead! : )

First, a photo of a grassy area with frost. First frost hit Oct 30.
Next, a photo of the tomatillos we planted from 5" seedlings on Aug 2, right after we moved in.
Then, our tomatillo harvest...the week leading up to the first frost.
and a shot of our new neighborhood with autumn colors.

Would love to see what is happening elsewhere in Japan!