Finally Yamaga bound

Have somewhere you'd recommend to other members ? Or somewhere you really enjoyed and want to share.
xxxxtom

Finally Yamaga bound

Post by xxxxtom »

Good things come to those who wait. There has been a delay in the purchase of our Kominka due to the present owner not being able to settle in November due to work and then Xmas and work getting in my way through late December and January. So the 31st of January was agreed upon as the settlement date. l finished a project in Brisbane on Saturday so 1 am Sunday morning we jumped on a overnight flight headed for Hong Kong .There are no direct Australia - Fukuoka flights unfortunately. We arrived yesterday morning a 3 hr transit and on again headed for Fukuoka. We were supposed to be picked up and bound for my brother inlaws house in Yanagawa but the snow changed that and we spent last night at brother inlaw 2's house close to Fukuoka airport.
Todays plan is to get to Yanagawa " which can't be that hard can it"? ( the sumo capital of Japan)?
On Thursday we have all the paperwork and legals happening in Kurume. We have already forwarded via a money transfer most of the purchase price for the house direct to the home owners bank account.( a little unusual no trust fund ,solicitor etc , l am not to worried the people we are dealing with are genuine people just a little strange a method .
According to the master plan this Sunday the 31st we get the keys .
So I guess I should start a new Kominka topic possibly something similar to Brett's Kominka topic. Any suggestions Kominka 2 or something more original Yamaga Kominka?
Anyway good things come to those who wait.

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Re: Finally Yamaga bound

Post by gonbechan »

xxxtom, wonderful news and welcome to Japan.
You must be very excited.
I for one, am really looking forward to your Kominka thread. Of course no need to call it Kominka 2 but name it as you like.
Yamaga Kominka sounds good.

BrettRas

Post by BrettRas »

Yamaga Kominka sounds great for a thread. I originally hoped others might post their own info/photos to the kominka thread I had started, but the way it has gone it might be easier for people to follow along if there are different ones. Either way, I look forward to seeing your posts!

BrettRas

Post by BrettRas »

My kominka purchase also happened via a simple money transfer directly to the owner's account and a few quick stamps of the inkan. Certainly not what I was accustomed to after dealing with reams and reams of paperwork for a previous house purchase and subsequent sale in the US!

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Welcome to Japan Tom,

How are you finding the wintry weather after coming from somewhere so warm, hopefully it is making an interesting change. Some exciting times ahead and it would be great to see what you do with your kominka, either as part of Brett's thread or in a completely new one. Both would work well so feel free to choose whichever you fancy, looking forward to getting a first glimpse of your place when you have some time to post it and seeing how you reshape it.

BrettRas wrote:My kominka purchase also happened via a simple money transfer directly to the owner's account and a few quick stamps of the inkan.
We paid for both our house and land with manilla envelopes stuffed full of cash, don't think I've ever seen that much physical money in my life before having always used electronic transfers in the past.