Finding Land - Links

A place for properties in the countryside
Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Finding Land - Links

Post by Zasso Nouka »

That's great to get some personal feedback on a location, are there many good locations around there ?

Shizuman

Post by Shizuman »

Gday mate, yea there are a few different spots that have decent forest and fields, a few fixer uppers and a couple renovated. the michi no eki get a fair bit of traffic but there is seemingly stiff competition from other farmers although most people grow rice. most places in Ena are within 30 mins to the chuo expresway so nagoya is within 2 hours drive.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Sounds good man and if most people are growing rice that might leave an opening for other veg you could exploit. Having said that we're now scaling down our michi no eki sales because of the kind of competition you mention. We've completely stopped one of the michi no eki's and are putting less and less at another because the sellers there are mostly retirees who are willing to sell for peanuts as their main income source is their pensions and vegetable sales are just a hobby to keep them busy during the day. The michi no eki we are still keeping only allows full time farmers and doesn't permit hobbyists to sell there so prices are fair and reasonable. Something to think about when assessing a michi no eki as a sales location.

LeeB

Finding Land - Links

Post by LeeB »

I don't know if the following links have been put up on the site, but you can check for akiyabank listings on a couple of commercial web sites:

This one is for LIFULL Homes:

https://www.homes.co.jp/akiyabank/

And at home:

https://www.akiya-athome.jp/

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Nice find man,

I've merged your post with the pinned thread so it's easy for folk to find in the future.

LeeB

Post by LeeB »

Thanks.

Those sites make it a lot easier to to look for akiyabank properties as you don't have to check each individual government site for them.

It would also be another way of checking out areas that for one reason or another are having a lot of these type of properties come on the market - probably a good reason to stay away from them.............

I did a quick check of a few areas and yes, there are some really cheap properties listed, but the expression:

"Yasui mono wake ga aru"

comes to mind!!

LeeB

Post by LeeB »

Here is the link for Japanese Tax Office auction sales on Yahoo.

(Stolen from the video's put up on YouTube by Zaimondos)

https://koubai.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/

And the RE auctions link:

https://koubai.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/auc ... 2084060731

All sorts of 'stuff'(crap?) listed for sale, but I don't think that many of them are bargains going by the starting prices!!

Ibaraki llama

Post by Ibaraki llama »

Yep, their starting prices are way to high. When the property we bought came up on yahoo auction last year I was monitoring the auctions closely. I’d say 95% of them didn’t receive a bid, possibly partly due to the high starting price. I’m not sure what their strategy is - just from my experience selling lots of stuff on eBay, a low starting price attracts more bidders, which drives prices higher than the same item listed with a high minimum price.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

I can't claim to know a great deal about property prices in Japan but I wonder if the bubble has something to do with unrealistically high prices.

When we were looking for land to buy there were some really silly prices being asked in places that back then in the bubble had experienced rapid price inflation on real estate. People we still expecting to get those prices now and wouldn't come down to something more reasonable, leaving a lot of properties unsold.

Ibaraki llama

Post by Ibaraki llama »

I think you’re right there. What people think their land is worth and what the market says it’s worth are two different things. A couple of days ago we spoke to the owner of the land in front of our place about buying it - they had previously mentioned they were keen to sell but we’d never discussed a price. All I knew was that it was part of the same block of land as ours but sold off about 5 years ago in a public auction to pay for taxes, for 82man. When we asked about what price they were thinking they said they bought it for 82man but that the value was 350man. I had to stop myself laughing in their face!