Hello from Germany

Please introduce yourself
Gru

Hello from Germany

Post by Gru »

Hello,

I'm "Gru" (my friends call me so), 20 years old and I live in Rostock- a City in northern Germany. Since October I studying Information Technology/Technical Computer Science here at the University.
A
Before I moved to Rostock, I lived for about 6 years "in the Middle of nowhere", about 180km away from Berlin, where I was born. We have a large Garden, where we growed vegetables, chicks and ducks, some forest (where we cut wood for the Winter and warm Water) and a large house (built around 1900), which we renovated almost completely self after it was for 30 years abandoned.

How did I get here? I like Japanese Food, Girls :lol: and Culture and I hate urban lifestyle- to many People, too loud, too less Place. In my Dreams i will bring some German engineering skills to Japan 8-)

Greetings from Germany,

Gru

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Hello from Germany

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Welcome to Japan Simple Life Gru,

Sounds like you've picked up some useful skills before moving to Rostock, should be good preparation if you do move to the countryside here. What's your plan for moving out here ?

Gru

Post by Gru »

Right now I don't have concrete plans. In 5 years or so I can start make plans, but right now I think it does'nt makes sense.

Even in 5 years things can change in so much ways. For example, here in Germany the prices for agricultural land are raised like a rocket since the "Energiewende" has received a boost due to the accidents in Fukushima- a Farmer can get about 25000-50000€ per Year for ONE(!) wind turbine plus the normal subsidies for the grown crops. In the Village, where lived, we have 3 millionaires and about 15 People with at least one Turbine. Buying agricultural land becomed nearly Impossible since the past 5 or 6 Years.

I think I will work for some years in Germany to get some initial capital and to pay back my Bafög (a loan from the government for students)- German (and probably from any other country too) authorities are extremely slow and sluggish when you like to get money or permissions from them, but when they like to have your Money, they will even find you in some african third world jungle in a breathtaking speed :lol:

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Sounds like a good idea, governments certainly seem to put a great deal of effort into recovering their dues from us ordinary citizens yet seem to let the bigger players get away with murder.

That must be nice for the farmers to be able to earn such an income from wind energy and Germany certainly has embraced renewables after nuclear demonstrated in such a spectacular way how dangerous it can be.

Five years gives you plenty of time to learn Japanese if you don't speak it already and see what opportunities come your way.

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan »

Hi Gru (looks around for minions...) thank you for joining our community.
We are the same as you, working towards our dream of living in the country and if not farming, at least growing a good bit of our own food.

Looking forward to reading more posts from you.