Hello from Tokyo

Please introduce yourself
CamAtsu

Hello from Tokyo

Post by CamAtsu »

Hello nice to meet you all.
My husband Cameron from Australia and I, Atsue from Saitama Japan are just stated farming near Yokota Air Base Tokyo.
Zasso Noka san introduced this forum for us and we are glad to join in. Thank you very much.
Now we have 4 fields (1tan+1tan+2tan = about 4000㎡ in total) will grow some western vegetable try not using chemicals.
We'll sell our vegetable at local supermarket, farmers market and home delivery. We also thinking about doing farming event like, farming experience language lessons on the farm, cooking events etc...
Once we get started, we need some volunteers to help our farm. Anyone anytime welcome!

Sorry English isn't my mother tongue, I hope my sentences make sense.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Hello from Tokyo

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Welcome to the forum CamAtsu and thank you for taking the time to sign up.

Don't worry about your English, it's pretty good and certainly a lot better than my Japanese :oops:

Sounds like you have quite a lot of land, should give you plenty of space and sounds like you have lots of ideas to take your farm forwards. Should be fun and interesting and wish you guys the very best of luck.

Saw your post regarding neem on Instagram, we have a thread on Organic Pest Control that covers neem and other options. Hopefully that might answer any questions you might have and if not feel free to ask if you have any further questions.

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan »

CamAtsu, welcome!
I am really looking forward to hearing about your progress.
Also don't be shy to post about your veggie box service (I might probably buy some haha)

As for English, really don't worry about it, there are other non native speakers lurking around.

Lovely to have you here, though.

CamAtsu

Post by CamAtsu »

Thank you for your warm message.
Yes, We've go plenty of space and dream (and weeds :-p)
We believe we'll learn many things from this site.
Thank you.

Zasso Nouka wrote:Welcome to the forum CamAtsu and thank you for taking the time to sign up.

Don't worry about your English, it's pretty good and certainly a lot better than my Japanese :oops:

Sounds like you have quite a lot of land, should give you plenty of space and sounds like you have lots of ideas to take your farm forwards. Should be fun and interesting and wish you guys the very best of luck.

Saw your post regarding neem on Instagram, we have a thread on Organic Pest Control that covers neem and other options. Hopefully that might answer any questions you might have and if not feel free to ask if you have any further questions.

CamAtsu

Post by CamAtsu »

Thank you for your warm message.
Once our veggies get big enough, we'll post our veggie box service ;-)
We'd love to hear your opinion about what kind of veggies you want to buy or miss in Japan.
Thank you.

gonbechan wrote:CamAtsu, welcome!
I am really looking forward to hearing about your progress.
Also don't be shy to post about your veggie box service (I might probably buy some haha)

As for English, really don't worry about it, there are other non native speakers lurking around.

Lovely to have you here, though.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

CamAtsu wrote: Yes, We've go plenty of space and dream (and weeds :-p)
Weeds are certainly our biggest problem here during the summer. You can almost see them growing right in front of you.

Paletti

Post by Paletti »

Hi Cameron & Atsue , welcome to the forum! My wife Aya and I are based in Kyoto but are planning to travel around Japan this summer so if we're near Tokyo we'll let you know, maybe you can give you a hand!

CamAtsu

Post by CamAtsu »

Thank you for your warm message. You're always welcome to our farm.
Paletti wrote:Hi Cameron & Atsue , welcome to the forum! My wife Aya and I are based in Kyoto but are planning to travel around Japan this summer so if we're near Tokyo we'll let you know, maybe you can give you a hand!

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan »

CamAtsu wrote:Thank you for your warm message.
Once our veggies get big enough, we'll post our veggie box service ;-)
We'd love to hear your opinion about what kind of veggies you want to buy or miss in Japan.
Thank you.
Definitely squashes of all kinds, brussel sprouts by the branch, shallots, parsnips, swedes, different varieties of daily veg like potatoes, tomatoes, onions etc.
I know one can get more variety in Kanto and in larger cities than where we are now, but prices there are stupid too and the quantities laughable, especially for things like zucchini and brussel sprouts.