Hello from Yamaguchi

Please introduce yourself
JimR

Hello from Yamaguchi

Post by JimR »

Hi there. I'm not exactly in the countryside, I live in a small beach-side city of about 20,000 people, but we're certainly not in any kind of metropolis. Boars keep tearing up the park here!

So anyway, I'm Jim, I'm American but I've lived in Japan since mid-2004. I'm married with a kid and a cat and a house about 250 meters from the Seto Inland Sea.

I'm a freelance translator, and recently I've been getting into saké, with a blog and a Meetup group doing tastings and brewery tours. I'm hoping someday to help get Yamaguchi sakés some more of the fame they deserve.

I also play the banjo and lots of video games.

Nice to meet you!

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Hello from Yamaguchi

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Hi Jim

And thank you for joining JSL, it's great to have you here. We're not exclusively for deep inaka dwellers, even though I'm farming in a small village we actually live within the city limits of a moderately sized 'city', so everyone is welcome.

I do love the Seto Inland Sea area, such a unique landscape and lovely mild climate. Must be a lovely place to live being so close to the sea.

Sake, you say, now that's a hobby I can certainly relate to, what's not to like :lol: and who doesn't like brewery tours :D . In our previous life Mrs Nouka was involved in importing sake for the company she worked for to the UK and she does love to drink from time to time.

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Re: Hello from Yamaguchi

Post by gonbechan »

cats,music,games.. all right up my alley.
Also we are on the Seto Inland Sea too, but in Hyogo.

We too are not true Inaka dwellers but live on the outskirts with semi developed on one side and rice fields on the other of our house.
An interim step on the hopeful journey of one day being true Inaka ppls ourselves.

Welcome to here. Looking forward to more posts from you.