Hello from South Africa!

Please introduce yourself
Chris64

Hello from South Africa!

Post by Chris64 »

I fell in love with Japan many years ago and it seems that I will finally be able to feed my curiosity by moveing to Japan and the country side within the next two years. There seems to be quite a few options, farming, hospitality, manufacturing of food products... I have lots of experience in those fields. The inhibiting factor might be language but maybe not as much as I think! Another thing is that my wife is afraid of earthquakes and Tsunamis but after Africa,those seems to be not so serious!
I hope my time with the forum is fruitful, that I will be able to give good farming advice and that I will find useful information.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Hello from South Africa!

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Welcome to JapanSimpleLife Chris64 and thank you for signing up, we really do appreciate that.

There are plenty of opportunities here for folk that are willing to see what's in demand in the area they settle and it sounds like you have some good ideas already. Farming is doable in the right area and if you have previous experience then it shouldn't take you too long to adapt to Japanese conditions. Food production is also a good area to get into, it's regulated by the local health authourity and enforcement of regulations vary from area but they are mostly common sense. Hospitality can also be quite rewarding if you have a good location.

Look forward to hearing your input and seeing how your plans develop, best of luck :thumbup: