Missed Out On A Good Property

A place for properties in the countryside
farmingnoob

Missed Out On A Good Property

Post by farmingnoob »

Just a complaint that I'd like to share.

I saw a cheap property come up that was listed with a low budget real estate agent. It's 1400sqm of 住宅 land with a 45-year old house on it. It's near a river, so after typhoon 19, I wouldn't want to live there. But it would have made a good farm.

The price was amazing. ¥2 million for 1400sqm of land with no restrictions. That's cheaper than any farm or forest land I've ever seen for sale in my town.

On Monday morning, the listing showed up on the akiya bank and by Monday evening was already in negotiations.

I lost this property because I didn't jump on it as soon as I saw it.

Shizuman

Re: Missed Out On A Good Property

Post by Shizuman »

farmingnoob wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:56 am
I lost this property because I didn't jump on it as soon as I saw it.
Bugger mate! Quick and the dead eh!

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

That's a pretty awesome price, what a shame to miss out on it.

I wonder if this is the beginning of a trend, riverside properties might not seem like such an attractive purchase if we are going to get more really heavy typhoons in the future. I know I wouldn't consider one now after the last couple of typhoons.

Ibaraki llama

Post by Ibaraki llama »

I’m on a river and was worried during the typhoon, though in our case being further away from the river is a higher flood risk. We checked the hazard maps before buying and are in a 50cm flood risk zone, while the slow incline to the valley below, where the main town 3km away is, is a 3-5m risk (a lot of southern Ibaraki is low-lying land). Though the house is about 1m above ground (foundations would get wet), we’d need to protect the house from any rush of water. To my relief, though we had record rain in our area the water level didn’t get to within a few metres of the bottom of the levee.

So while there are obvious risks you could check the hazard maps in case another place comes up.