Fancy a challenge this weekend

A forum for any workshops or events you might be organising or know of and think other might be interested in.
Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Fancy a challenge this weekend

Post by Zasso Nouka »

On sunday evening our village hosts it`s annual Hadaka Matsuri so if anyone fancies a bit of challenge why not give it a go ? You`ll need a fundoshi (10 metre long) and white tabi (air tabi are recommended), the main event kicks off at some point between 9:30 - 10:30pm (depending on how much folk have had to drink). Here`s a video from a few years before to give you an idea what`s in store
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
And here is another video
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
We normally get folk from all over Japan (a couple of guys drive up from Osaka each year and then drive back home after) so don`t feel excluded if you don`t live in Chiba. You can warm up next to our maki stove after. If interested send me a message and I`ll reply with location details.

Eric in Japan

Re: Fancy a challenge this weekend

Post by Eric in Japan »

hot or cold water? I forget
"... so, the cucumbers said to the cabbage, `Lettuce Go.`"

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Fancy a challenge this weekend

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Cold, very very cold. Last night wasn't actually too bad as the temperature stayed above freezing and the walk home after dripping wet with only a fundoshi on was bearable. Fancy challenging yourself next year Eric ? :lol:

There is an upside to doing it in that after cold days don't feel as cold normal, not sure if this is purely psychological but I kind of think it might be that you get so cold doing it that cold weather feels less cold but I could be wrong.