Agri Week 2020

A forum for any workshops or events you might be organising or know of and think other might be interested in.
Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Agri Week 2020

Post by Zasso Nouka »

The Agri Week Expo is on between the 14th and 16th of October, lots of farming related exhibits for both vegetable and livestock farmers plus seminars. The main events are AgriTech, AgriNext, AgriProcess and Livestock. There will also be Gardex, Tool Japan and Japan's Food which can be good fun, personally I can spend a long time in Tool Japan and if you go on Friday you can sometimes pick up stuff from Japan's Food Expo that exhibitors don't want to take home, I've brought back quite a few bottles of sake and shochu :dance:

Further details and registration can be found at Agri Week Tokyo

Shizuman

Agri Week 2020

Post by Shizuman »

I'm going to try and head in to see it this year, cant pass up a huge toy show like that!

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Agri Week 2020

Post by Zasso Nouka »

There's usually some good things to see

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Agri Week 2020

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Went today and it's way smaller than previous years, about 1/3 the normal size. Probably because none of the international exhibitors can come and many domestic exhibitors decided not to attend because of Coronavirus. That's not to say it's total rubbish or anything, the folk that are there are trying hard to make it a good event but just a quick heads up. We normally spend around 5 or 6 hours mooching around and even then don't see everything but his year did the whole lot in under 2 hours.

These Neoprene gloves from Neo Work Gear were good, my hands are always bloody freezing in the winter washing vegetables but these are totally waterproof and warm at the same time. You can play around picking up blocks of dry ice at the event without burning your hands if you like.

Shizuman

Agri Week 2020

Post by Shizuman »

Ah bugger! I'm heading there tomorrow! see how it goes!

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Agri Week 2020

Post by Zasso Nouka »

It's not hideously bad and by going you are supporting the people that are exhibiting so maybe look at it that way, if no one went all their effort would be wasted.

There were still some good things but maybe don't plan on spending as long as you normally would, Gardex in particular was tiny and ToolEx also was a shadow of its former self. One positive was that the farming side wasn't drowned out in hundreds of Chinese PV makers which almost felt like they were taking over in previous years.

Drones are getting really large now.

Shizuman

Agri Week 2020

Post by Shizuman »

Yea it was, very small and there were really no major brands there except hioki and Makita. There was some interesting irrigation exhibitors though. Man your not wrong about the drones! They were everywhere!

Was good though, picked up a beekeeping book, went to costco and bought some hoegaaden beer. So kicking back browsing the fliers

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Agri Week 2020

Post by Zasso Nouka »

It felt like supporting those people that had made the effort to exhibit there was more important this year. Drones really are coming along in leaps and bounds. They also had a few robots for doing simple tasks around the farm and one was equipped with arms that can reach out and harvest fruit, that's where the future lies I think. Once they can weed and harvest vegetables like we do then they will become really useful.

We went to Tenpos after and picked up some real bargains, they have loads of stuff now at knockdown prices from all the restaurants that went bust thanks to covid-19. Then back to Makuhari Aeon for a slap up meal in the food court.