Shoot the breeze, chew the fat or whatever you fancy
Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Zasso Nouka » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:44 pm

gonbechan wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:38 pm
This is true. I am very crap at gaming. My friends love playing with me because it makes them look better.
:laughing-rofl:

So you must have lots of friends then :twisted:

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:15 pm

Of course. :roll:

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:19 pm

Zasso Nouka wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:44 pm

:laughing-rofl:

So you must have lots of friends then :twisted:
I remember one time, I was seriously ill and off my tits on meds.. and we were playing Test Drive Unlimited on a private server.
We were doing some offroad race thing and of course I was cheating, and leading the field.
People were shouting where are you??? (Because I was winning due to the cheating) and I kept yelling back at them 'Turn Left at the tree!!!'
This of course did not go down well with the shouty crowd because we were in a papaya plantation.

Not my fault they couldn't see the tree for the woods.

DocDoesFarming

Post by DocDoesFarming » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:18 pm

Zasso Nouka wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:00 am
DocDoesFarming wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:32 pm
Sadly I don't have any friends.
Ha, friends are for people who are crap at gaming. Anyway, once you start full time farming you won't have time for either of those or any of the other things in life you used to enjoy. It's one unending litany of back break hard work for dawn till dusk, with the occasional Strong Zero to numb the pain.

So that's something to look forward to :crying-yellow:
:angry-screaming:

Still better than working in an office.

Do people honestly enjoy drinking Strong Zero? I had one recently, my taste buds immediately died and body went into shutdown mode.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:43 pm

DocDoesFarming wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:18 pm
Still better than working in an office.
Agreed, I was jesting and it's actually not as bad as that.
DocDoesFarming wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:18 pm
Do people honestly enjoy drinking Strong Zero? I had one recently, my taste buds immediately died and body went into shutdown mode.
The Passion Fruit one recently actually wasn't too bad but I think generally you are expected to drink them quite fast and not linger on the flavour, at least that has been my general interpretation.

dayunbao

Post by dayunbao » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:28 am

Just found a tool for converting Game Boy Advanced (GBA) roms into CIA files that you can use to install GBA games onto a 2/3DS. I just installed The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap and Metroid: Zero Mission onto my 2DS! Won't get to them for a while, but am pretty excited.

In other news, come to find out there's a Switch port of the Metroid Prime trilogy that's just waiting to be released. No one knows why Nintendo hasn't released it yet. It might be connected to Nintendo recently scrapping all the development being done on Metroid Prime 4. For some reason, Nintendo initially decided to have a different company develop Metroid Prime 4. Retro Studios, based in Austin, Texas, did the original trilogy, but they weren't working on part 4. However, Nintendo wasn't pleased with the progress of the new game dev company. So they threw everything away, and gave the project back to Retro Studios. I don't know about y'all, but I loved the Metroid Prime games. I haven't played the 3rd part yet, so I'm looking forward to a Switch port, as well as part 4!

dayunbao

Post by dayunbao » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:41 am

Anyone else experiencing Nintendo Switch Joycon drift? It started with my left Joycon about a month after I bought it. I'm kinda pissed. It's really starting to make playing Breath of the Wild a chore. A class action lawsuit was started over it. Nintendo's response was to offer to fix the Joycons for free. I'm definitely going to send mine in to get fixed, but will probably also buy a Pro controller, or a 3rd party controller, and just use that from now on.

Oh, Nintendo also recently announced the Switch Lite and a new Switch with better battery life! I should have waited a bit before buying my Switch. I probably would have bought a Switch Lite if I had known it was coming out...oh, well.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:40 am

Does make you wonder sometimes if companies in their rush to get new products to market occasionally skip full product testing when you hear about things like this.

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:15 am

Most brand new games and most 1st gen consoles are beta at best. And those who rush in are basically paying beta testers.

Goes the same for new tech for computers and phones etc. (cpu, gfx cards, mboards, RAM, SSD, etc etc)

I always wait until something is really established before running out to buy.